The Holy Spirit comes alongside us as an ADVOCATE and a COMFORTER, helping us fulfill our created purpose. To become a follower of Jesus, we are not left to our own discipline or skill sets to learn how to mature and become more like Jesus. The Spirit empowers us by helping us grow in spiritual wisdom, develop relational trust with God, and develop intentional character.
The SCHOOL OF THE SPIRIT at Radiant Church is a 3-hour, graduate-level intensive, designed to help you grow deeper in your understanding and application of the Spirit’s work in you. When you register you will receive a recommended reading list and begin to receive communication from our amazing faculty.
COURSES: Below is a list of courses in development. Each session will offer one to three courses. Our outside faculty are given an honorarium from the registration fee.
- The Biblical Narrative: Too often, we simply read verses, forgetting that this amazing text was inspired as a whole. This course will help you understand how the verses that have meant so much to you fit into the full narrative of the Bible.
- Pauline Letters: Understanding the situation that prompted Paul to write is an important part of understanding the meaning of the text. This course will give you a look behind the curtain into Paul’s life and the situations that prompted his letters.
- Pentateuch: The beginning of the story of God and his creation is found in the Bible’s first five books. This course will give you a solid understanding of the role of creation, the impact of sin, and the establishment of the law in guiding God’s people.
- Wisdom Literature: Ancient wisdom literature has a unique structure and rhythm. During this course, you will examine how to engage Proverbs, Psalms, and Ecclesiastes at a deeper level.
- Minor Prophets: The minor prophets (Hosea – Malachi) offer the contemporary church unique historical, cultural, and theological perspectives. Understanding the socio-historical culture of these books will deepen your understanding of God’s work in the world today.
- Acts: The story of the early church is rooted in an outpouring of the Spirit and the struggle of a new community to find its purpose in God’s Kingdom. This course will walk you through the story and help lead you to understanding how we are still living out that journey today.
- Building Disciples: Our calling is not to simply attend church but to make disciples. In this course, we will walk through tools that will help you lead others to a deeper walk with Jesus.
- Discerning Spirits: Jesus said in the last days, “many false prophets will appear and will deceive many people. Sin will be rampant everywhere, and the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.” (Matthew 24:11-13) In this course, you will learn to recognize the spiritual work happening around you and have a peaceful and joyful foundation in your life.
- Empowered By the Spirit: We are not called simply to live out our Christian walk through our natural capacity or our own internal discipline. The Spirit is our Advocate, which helps us live beyond our capacity on a daily basis. In this session you will learn how to lean on the Spirit in every aspect of your life.
- Your Spiritual Journey: We are called to follow Jesus for a lifetime. We don’t simply settle into a few practices; we are to be led on a new adventure each season of our lives. During this session, you will begin to understand the journey God has you on and how you can live out a long obedience in the same direction.