Updated: August 1, 2020CR FIRST KIDS REOPEN PLAN We are looking forward to reopening our Kids environments at CR First. The following guidelines share the preparedness plan and measures CR first is taking to ensure our CR First Kids environments are providing a safe and impactful experience for those attending our in-person gatherings. NO EARLY CHILDHOOD MINISTRY – Due to the high touch nature of working with our little ones, we do not yet have enough serve team members available to open our Early Childhood rooms. If you are interested in serving occasionally to help us reopen you can contact [email protected] ELEMENTARY MINISTRY – Begins Sunday, August 2 at both the 9 & 11 AM services ONLINE SERVICES – We will continue to publish the CR First Kids Online service on our website, Facebook and YouTube each weekend. Pastor Jan will also continue to do Lunchtime Devotions on CR First Kids Facebook page. GENERAL GUIDELINES
- We encourage families to use the Next Gen Lobby Entrances. (Doors 3 & 4)
- Follow normal Check in Procedures using a stylus which will be disinfected after each use.
- Check in stations will be sanitized between services.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all check in stations and in all classrooms.
- “Traffic flow” will be ONE WAY down hallways and stairways. Follow signage and please don’t stop in the hallway areas to talk.
- Classrooms will be limited to 50% occupancy.
- Once 50% capacity is reached, children will be invited to attend the main service with their family.
- Classrooms will not intermingle. Once a child is checked in, that is the classroom they will stay in until they are picked up.
- Children and parents will not be required to wear masks but are welcome to if they desire, and single use ones will be available.
- Serve Team members will not be required to wear a mask but will be offered a single use one if they would like.
- We will create and publish a “What to Expect” video to give families a look at what the experience will look like, including safety measures.
- Temperatures of all people entering the CR First Kids environment will be taken, including Serve Team members. Only those with temperatures below 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit will be allowed to enter CR First Kids environment. If a child or Serve Team member has a temperature above 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit, they will be invited to watch online. This includes children who have a parent with a temperature above 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit.
- CR First Kids will follow the churchwide guidelines for security to ensure all kids entering the CR First Kids environment are safe.
- Families will be asked that only one adult enter the Big City Studio Room for drop off and pick up.
- Kids will be assigned their own hula-hoop to sit/stand in to allow appropriate social distancing. All activities will be modified so that sanitation and social distancing is upheld.
- All items will be cleaned and sanitized between services.
- Hand sanitizer, gloves and masks will be available if needed.
- The “Corner Store” will be closed temporarily.
- Entrances and exits will be clearly marked and Serve Team members will be available to give direction.
- We will not be passing out Family Devotions at this time, but they may be found on our CR First Kids Facebook page in the comment section of each week’s video.
Updated: June 11, 2020Starting Sunday, June 7, we are once again able to gather together to worship and experience God’s presence in person. We will continue to offer all of our experiences online just as we have been. We are one church in multiple locations. We do not simply come to church, we are the church. For those who are not feeling well, have work or health restrictions that require you to be vigilant, or as a family you feel it is too early, we encourage you to continue to worship at home. We are currently in Phase 1 of our plan. Here are the key factors you will need to know as we begin to gather in person. Service Times:
- Sundays at 9 am – 11 am – 1 pm
- Services will be 1 hour in length to accommodate cleaning
- We need a few who normally attend 9 am and at least a third who attended 11 am to switch to the 1 pm service
- Doors will open at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the service
- If you arrive early please wait in your car
- A green flag will be your signal cleaning is complete & you may enter
- We have enough seats for 250-300 people per service
- Families will sit together
- If the sanctuary is full you will be directed to an overflow room
- Our lobby is simply a passage way to the sanctuary
- Restrooms will have limited access
- Friendly waves and big smiles are strongly encouraged
- Masks are welcomed (not required)
- Seating areas are spaced apart to maintain freedom to worship
- Visitation will be limited in the sanctuary, but encouraged outside the building
- Offering will be collected in boxes by each door
- No children’s ministry is available yet
- Children are to stay with their parents
- A simple busy bag will be available, parents are encouraged to bring other supplies as required by your children
- Parents please help your children practice appropriate social distancing
- In between services we will sanitize restrooms and all surfaces
- Hand sanitation and masks are available if desired
Services will be 1 hour in length to accommodate cleaningLimited Seating: We have enough seats for 250 people per service
Families will sit together
Please watch the video for ideas on which service you should attendSocial Distancing: Our lobby and restrooms will have limited access
Friendly waves and big smiles are strongly encouraged
Masks are welcomed (not required)
Seating areas are spaced apart to maintain freedom to worship
Visitation will be limited in the sanctuary, but encouraged outside
Offering will be collected in boxes at the back of the auditoriumChildren: No children’s ministry is available yet
Children are welcome at all services
A simple busy bag will be available, parents are encouraged to bring other supplies as required by your childrenCleaning: In between services we will sanitize restrooms and all surfaces
Hand sanitation and masks are available if desiredI strongly recommend you watch the attached video to understand the heart behind why we are making the adjustments we are making. We will outdo each other in showing honor. We will not lighten up during this season, but we must run towards what God is preparing for us. Let’s continue to be irrational with our generosity and intentional with our relationships. Again, for those who are not feeling well, have jobs or health restrictions that require you to be vigilant, or you have children who will have a difficult time refraining from social distancing, we encourage you to continue to worship with us online. We will have many of our Serve Teams and some of our Life Groups gathering on May 31 to help us make sure we are ready to be fully operational on June 7. Those involved in our soft launch will receive an email this week that will require a reservation to be made, so please watch your email. Also, Life Groups may now begin to gather in groups of 10 or less. I know many of our groups are larger than 10, so we encourage groups to continue to offer online options. Updated: May 1, 2020
- We distributed over 8,000 loaves of bread & snacks to hundreds of homes.
- We distributed over 600 Hope Kits and blessed our neighbors on Easter weekend.
- We have given away close to 20,000 pounds of grocery items to those in need and will give away another 15-20,000 pounds this next week.
- We have had Life Groups meeting weekly for prayer and worship.
- 125 women participated in the Priscilla Shirer Simulcast.
- We contacted close to 700 homes to see how everyone is doing physically & spiritually.
- We have had powerful services every Sunday. As one church in many locations, we have celebrated Jesus online in our homes.
- We had a powerful Good Friday service, a life-giving Easter service and we had a blast at our Drive-In experience.
- Our children have great online experiences every Sunday and every weekday.
- Our students have had services, Zoom chats with their squads, and social media discipleship moments.
- CHECK-IN DAILY: visit CRFIRST.ORG for updates and information. You will find opportunities for ministry in EVENTS and if you want up to know how to pray for the church specifically visit our COVID–19 UPDATES page (you are here).
- SUNDAY SERVICES: The building is closed, but our services will be online. Join us live at 9 & 11 am or later on-demand. If you cannot view the service online please contact the church office as we are working to provide solutions for those who cannot access the service. ([email protected] – 319-393-6353)
- PRAYER SERVICE: We need to pray now more than ever. Join us live every Wednesday at 7 pm. We will be praying for requests live as they are submitted online during the service. Also, consider joining Pastor Brian for the 7:14 Prayer Time. Every day at 7:14 (either AM or PM or both) use 2 Chronicles 7:14 as a guide to pray for God to heal our land.
- CR FIRST KIDS: Join Pastor Jan and the team every Sunday for a special BIG CITY STUDIO service. Also, follow the CR First Kids Facebook page for noontime devotionals.
- CR FIRST YOUTH: Join Pastor Nate and the team every Wednesday at 7 pm for a CR First Youth service. Also, join them online for SOAP devotionals and Tik Tok challenges.
- LIFE GROUPS: It is VITAL for you to have spiritual relationships in an isolated season! We have groups connecting online and we are ready to launch new groups to keep everyone connected. Crfirst.org/life-groups
- PRAYER NEEDS: We are praying daily for the needs of our community. Submit your prayer needs through our App or at crfirst.org/prayer.
- HEALTH CHECK: We have been reaching out to every person who calls CR First Home. If you have not been contacted please reach out to us at: [email protected] or (319)-393-6353.
- RIGHT NOW MEDIA: Instead of spending an overabundance of time watching the news and other forms of entertainment remember as someone who attends CR First you have a free subscription to RIGHTNOWMEDIA.COM which is like Netflix for Christ-followers. If you do not have a login please contact us: [email protected]
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Follow our church and pastoral team online for other opportunities to connect and care for each other.
- NEEDS: If you have any needs (food, childcare, transportation, etc), questions, concerns or ideas for how we can serve one another and our community better, please feel free to reach out to the church email: [email protected]
- GIVING: Thank you for your continued generosity during this time. As we all give to God’s Kingdom, He will use it to reach lost people and impact our world for the sake of the Gospel. Please visit https://crfirst.org/give/